The Cardamom Pod

Over the weekend, I visited 'The Cardamon Pod' with a girlfriend for dinner. As my friend was vegetarian, she selected this restaurant. The Cardamon Pod is located on the busy restaurant strip in Broadbeach, Surf Parade.

There was inside and outside seating, comprising of unique chairs and tables (all different styles and colours), creating a mismatched look. Along the side of the wall, there was seating with covered with fake grass and cute cushions. The fake grass was quite prickly, so most people didn't sit there, but instead sat on the stools and chairs placed around the tables. My girlfriend and I took a seat at a small table right at the back of the restaurant. She sat in a plush/velvety purple coloured chair (it looked very 'royal') and I sat in a plain white stool (haha what a contrast!). We placed our handbags on the fake grass seat........  There was a floor lamp next to me, which was also very pretty.

The menu was written on a blackboard behind the counter, with drinks and dessert and a few different meal combinations that you can order (ie. Salad, hot meals, salad + hot meal with rice etc etc). There was cutlery/serviettes on the counter. You order and pay at the counter, then the waitress would plate up the food for you!

All the food was pre-cooked and displayed in the cabinet (a hot food section and a cold food section with salads). The selection of salads and hot food, I believe changes every now and then. As everything was pre-made, you can really only order what is displayed. But they had at least 4 different salads and 4 different curries/stews etc to choose from, so it wasn't too bad. The only thing I would be concerned about is the food getting cold.

We decided to order a meal consisting of salad, hot dish and rice. As my girlfriend wasn't too hungry, we shared this.  She chose the salad, which was an Avocado, rocket and cherry tomato salad with pumpkin/sunflower seeds and a really nice dressing. I chose the hot dish, which was Potato, eggplant and spinach curry.


The serving size would've been just right for one person! But the two of us shared, so it was OK if you weren't too hungry. 

Overall, I found the experience to be relaxed and the food was tasty at an affordable price. If you're just after a place which serves yummy food and has a nice surrounding to 'veg' out, then this is the place for you!

The below is a link to their website!

http://www.cardamompod.com.au/broadbeach_mainhome.html

Update: 12th July 2012

I found some photos I took at Cardamom Pod from my first visit! Just wanted to share these~



The Cardamom Pod on Urbanspoon

Comments