Ashiana Indian Restaurant

A couple of months ago, I was browsing through Livingsocial (online group buying website) and found a deal for $29 which includes: 2 entrees, 2 mains, rice and naan at Ashiana Indian Restaurant. And so I bought it!

Very often, I keep an eye out for these online deals for restaurants because you get a chance to try the food at a significantly lower price. Considering most Indian restaurants charge $15 plus for a curry, I found this deal very attractive.

The voucher was going to expire in August, so I thought I better use it before I forget. I called the restaurant to make a booking and that was all good. I got the day and time I wanted. (Usually when you dine at a restaurant with a voucher/coupon, the restaurant puts many restrictions, ie. can't be a Friday or Saturday night when it's busy, or they tell you it's been fully booked etc).

There was undercover parking below the restaurant, so that was a plus.


When we went inside, we were seated at the back next to the full length glass windows. This is a view of the inside of the restaurant from where I was sitting.  The glass window you see in the picture below is the place where they cook the naan, roti and tandoori foods.

Complementary pappadams

Mango Lassi
Fish Tikka

Tandoori Jinga


Basmati Rice, Butter Chicken & Garlic Naan

Fish Masala



 The entrees of fish and prawns were very well done. The fish was not too dry and had the right amount of flavours. However, there were a few bones in my piece. The prawns were excellent with just the right amount of spices. But the normal menu price of the fish ($11.95) and prawns ($12.95), in my opinion is a bit on the expensive side. But considering I had bought the voucher, I was quite happy with it.


First main we ordered was Butter Chicken (this is something I always order whenever I go to an Indian Restaurant, because that way I can see how consistent/good/bad the taste is when comparing this dish to other Indian Restaurants). They used chicken breast for the butter chicken, which I wasn't a big fan of, because the meat was dry and tasteless. Other places I've tried uses chicken thigh which has been in the tandoor with extra colour. This butter chicken just seemed like chicken breast which has been cooked, chopped up and then thrown into the sauce. Wasn't too good. The sauce itself was only average. Not the 'taste' that I was expecting.


For the second main, we decided to try a fish curry (Fish Masala), something that I haven't tried before.  Once again, it was pretty average, with the same type of fish we had for the entree in the sauce. Nothing too special about that either.


The  naan was actually the highlight of the dinner! It tasted exactly how it should be, with a lot of garlic on top and a hint of coriander. Was perfect for dipping into the curry (if only the curry could've been tastier).

We ordered one Mango Lassi ($4) on top of what was included in the voucher, so we had to pay for the drink at the end of the meal.

The service was good, but we had to wait 30 minutes from time of order to receive entrees and another 30 minutes before we got our mains. 

Overall, I was happy that I dined there using a voucher, but if I had to pay full menu price, I would definitely go somewhere else.


 http://ashiana-at-broadbeach.com.au/



  Ashiana Indian Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. If you like indian food and you are staying in US, then Indiana aisana restaurant is one of the best restaurant for it. You can get it at cheap price and food is also very testy. click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with us great blog about Best Restaurant Deals. I really like this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment