Bamboo Restaurant & Lounge Bar



 Earlier this year, I visited Kingscliff with a girlfriend and we stayed at Mantra on Salt Beach. I had bought an online deal for Bamboo Restaurant and Bar, so this was a good opportunity to use it. The deal included drinks, entree and mains for two. (Cost $69). Not bad for a two course meal with drinks at $34.50 per person in a fine dining restaurant! When I called to make a booking, they told me that there would be a function (wedding) on that night inside the restaurant and we would have to be seated outside (I was OK with this because I was only visiting Kingscliff over the weekend).

When we arrived, I saw that they had set up some tables outside the restaurant in what looked like the lobby area of the resort. The area was dimly lit with some candles and set a very nice mood (although we were pretty much in the lobby).  But this was a very quiet resort, so there wasn't much people traffic.
Champagne
The girlfriend who was with me was vegetarian, so there was only ONE option of entree and main for her. The menu was quite small and very limited. Pretty much, there was one beef, chicken, lamb, prawn, scallop, fish and vegetarian dish in both entrees and mains.

I ordered scallops for entree and my friend ordered some vegetable dish (I can't seem to find the photos of the entrees). But we were both very happy with the presentation, taste and portion of our entrees.

For mains, I ordered the lamb rack and my friend had the grilled haloumi.

Lamb Rack
 The lamb was cooked medium rare, served with mushrooms, asparagus, tomato and a walnut mash. I enjoyed my meal very much and was satisfied with the serving size.
Grilled Haloumi - doesn't this look like a frog?
The grilled haloumi consisted of two large pieces of haloumi, potatoes, asparagus and thinly sliced green apple. My friend was super happy with her meal! We were both quietly eating and enjoying our meals!

The food was great, but the service was very ordinary, not the kind of service you would expect at a fine dining restaurant. I would probably return and try something else next time, as this restaurant is in the Entertainment Book!


Bamboo Restaurant and Lounge Bar on Urbanspoon

Comments