Freshly Stacked Gourmet Hamburgers

I have visited Freshly Stacked twice, both times using a coupon. The first visit, I used an online deal that I had purchased for $16 and it was for any 2 burgers and 2 small chips. Considering one burger alone would have cost $16 from the menu price, I thought this was a very good deal.

As with most vouchers/online deals, I had to make a booking and mention that I would be using a voucher. There wasn't any problem with booking and the staff taking my booking was friendly over the phone.

We visited for lunch, because in my opinion 'burgers' aren't really dinner food.

We ordered a 'Thai me up' (chicken fillet marinated with lemongrass, chilli and ginger, with fresh coriander salad, pineapple and carrot, topped with green curry sauce) and a 'Greek Bo Peep' (lamb pattie, tomato, roasted capsicum, spanish onion, spinach, sliced olive and tzatziki).

Greek Bo Peep

Thai me up

Pineapple, apple & strawberry juice

The burgers were HUGE! In fact, the lamb burger was so 'tall', it was really hard to take a bite out of it! All the ingredients were fresh and the burgers were just delicious! The chunky chips on the side were golden and crunchy, sprinkled with rosemary & rocksalt.

We also ordered a glass of juice (which wasn't included in the voucher). It was a pineapple, apple and strawberry juice, costing $6.50. This wasn't too bad, not sweet with a hint of sourness (probably because the fruit itself wasn't too sweet). 

The second time I visited Freshly Stacked, it was for dinner (OK, so I said before that burgers aren't 'dinner food', but I was after a light meal before going to play sport, so burgers were OK for dinner). This time I used my Entertainment Book voucher. It was a 'buy one get one free main meal' voucher.

We had a look at the menu and decided to order Tempura onion rings for entree, 'Barra Barrel' (tempura battered barra fillet, rocket, tomato, zesty caper and dill cream cheese) and a 'Firey Bite' (Beef burger with chilli jam, mozzarella, jalapenos and fresh chilli stacked with fancy leaf, tomato and a side of sour cream)


Tempura Onion Rings

Firey Bite

Barra Barrel


The tempura onion rings had a thin light batter, which was crunchy and was paired with a yummy aioli sauce. These were gone in no time! Only recommendation is that the small dish used for the sauce could be bigger/wider, because it was difficult dipping the onion rings into the sauce.


Once again the burgers were HUGE! There were two large pieces of battered barra fillets in the fish burger. I actually took the burger apart to take one piece of the fish out so I could eat the burger! Taste wise, I think I prefer the chicken burger I had for lunch the other time, as it was more tasty, with the green curry sauce.  This fish burger was quite ordinary/standard.


The beef burger was good, but not exciting.


I found the concept of Freshly Stacked very similar to Grill'd, but portion sizes are larger and price is more expensive.


The quality is there, but some burger varieties are quite ordinary/simple. So if you can justify paying $16 for one burger (with no chips included) then give this place a go.


Freshly Stacked Website


  Freshly Stacked Gourmet Hamburgers on Urbanspoon

Comments