Lust Cafe + Restaurant


So I visited Lust Cafe + Restaurant tonight to sample their 3 course menu for Broadbeach Restaurant Week. It was quiet for a Friday night, there were many empty tables. I had made a booking about a week ago, but when I arrived, they have lost my booking. Lucky it was a quiet night!  Anyway, the waitress was very friendly and gave really good service, so I quickly forgot about the 'lost booking'.


I thought the deal included a drink each as well, but when I mentioned this to the waitress, she said she was not aware of it. I just let that slip, but should've brought up the online menu to show her that a drink was indeed supposed to be included. Anyway, I wasn't convinced, so checked it when I got home.... and yep, a 'complimentary drink on arrival' was supposed to be included! Oh well....

For the 3 course deal, we were able to choose any entree, main and dessert from the menu. We decided on our meals and waited for the food to arrive. It didn't take too long for the food to arrive (probably because there weren't many customers besides us).

Entree 1: Local King Prawns upon zucchini ribbons, shaved radish + fennel with carrot puree + preserved lemon aioli

 Entree 2: Hervey Bay Scallops seared upon shaved pear + celeriac remoulade with parsnip cream, smoked speck + port wine reduction

Main 1: Lamb Racks (Special) -  served with gnocchi + roasted cherry roma tomatoes

 Main 2: Confit Duck Maryland on potato gratin + baby vegetables with roast garlic + parsnip cream finished with porcini jus


Dessert 1: Death by Chocolate - Chocolate done 4 ways 


Dessert 2: Creme Brulee with King Island Double Cream + Fresh Berries

Overall, I thought the food was of a high quality, great taste and very beautifully presented. Portion wise, it's a bit small in my opinion. But I was satisfied after eating all 3 courses. If I was to order the main alone, I know that it won't be enough. It's on the expensive side, but for quality fine dining, that's expected.


Lust Cafe + Restaurant Website


Lust Cafe + Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Comments