Meet Fresh

So..... after our dinner at Hometown Cafe, we decided to have some dessert at Meet Fresh (coincidently, serving Taiwanese Desserts). Haha it must be a Taiwanese Food Night!

My first Meet Fresh experience was in Sydney about 2 years ago. When we walked passed the Meet Fresh in Sydney, there was a long queue of people outside the store. So immediately, my friends and I thought, wow it must be good with so many people lining up!  So we lined up too and then bought 2 desserts back to the hotel to share. I don't quite remember which two we ordered back then, but one of them was the tofu pudding.From memory, the taste was ok, with lots of topping (ie. the taro balls, lotus seeds etc).

When Meet Fresh first opened in Sunnybank, there were huge line-ups as well! I think the hype has died down now seeing that we got a seat without having to line up! But it was a Monday night......... see all the empty tables?

A poster of the 'Supreme Mango Crushed Ice'
 We saw people on another table order the Mango Crushed Ice and it was HUGE! There were 4 people sharing one serve! But then again, it's probably all just shaved ice with canned mango pieces and lots of syrup.

I ordered the Herbal Jelly Dessert #4 (toppings included taro, pearls, red beans). I had this 'hot', which meant that the 'herbal jelly' wasn't really a 'jelly'. Instead it was more like a herbal jelly flavoured syrup.

Herbal Jelly Dessert # 4 (Hot)
Lotus Seed Tofu Pudding
Red Bean Sweet Soup with barley, taro balls, taro & lotus seed
My friends ordered the other two desserts. Each dessert cost $5.50, which I thought was on the expensive side, as Just Soy Cafe is much cheaper and tastes way better.  Anyhow, I was happy with my choice of dessert (although, I didn't eat the pearls at all) I'm not a big fan of the pearls... I find them too chewy and hard to digest (and they are tasteless). The problem with Meet Fresh for me was, almost every single dessert has pearls in it! Maybe next time I will just tell them not to put the pearls in! The taro was nice.... but tofu pudding is definitely better at Just Soy Cafe!

And just as a tip, if you go to Meet Fresh, make sure you dine in, because if you get takeaway, the portion is really really small!!


Meet Fresh on Urbanspoon

Comments