White Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake

It's been a while since I have baked! Yesterday, was my dad's birthday, so I decided to make a cake for him! Originally, I was going to bake a Japanese Sponge Cheesecake and then decorate it with cream and fresh fruit. But my friends from Brisbane asked me out to dinner (and I decided to go out to meet them because I haven't seen them for a while), which means I wouldn't have enough time to make the Japanese Sponge Cheesecake, wait for it to cool down AND decorate it!

So instead, I made a Raspberry Cheesecake! This one was quick and easy~ The original recipe was for a White Chocolate & Cranberry Cheesecake. My friend made it once and it was very nice, so I thought I'd give it a try too. But instead of using cranberries, I decided to use raspberries (as I prefer the taste more). I bought a box of frozen mixed berries from Woolworths (which consisted of blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, raspberries and cranberries). You can buy a whole box of frozen raspberries on it's own, but I got the mixed berries (so I can use the other berries for other desserts later on!).

The cheesecake turned out great! It was light and creamy and not too sweet!

In the springform tin
Plated Cheesecake...but missing some decorations
Raspberry Cheesecake decorated with fresh strawberries

Comments