Connors


I have been to Connors 3 times. The first time was a couple of years ago with a girlfriend. I used my Entertainment book voucher, so it was pretty good value (the voucher was buy one get one free main meal). We both ordered an eggs benedict at the time (a vegetarian one and a smoked salmon one). Because of the voucher, the meal was not expensive at all.

Since then I haven't visited Connors until recently. About two weeks ago, I went to Connors a second time (using the Entertainment book voucher again!). We ordered a cappucino, latte, vegetarian stack and a Potato Rosti Stack. The coffee was good and the food was good. Only thing I wasn't quite happy about was the table I was at.... it was very crowded..... my chair was practically behind another chair on the table next to me. There was a little kid sitting there who moved back on her chair and hit me. I think they need to think about where to position the tables and chairs better.

Latte & Cappucino

Vegetarian Stack

Potato Rosti Stack with Smoked Salmon

On my third visit, I went with my parents. I ordered a chai latte and a 'New Yorker', which was a toasted turkish with pastrami, roasted capsicum, pickles, rocket, spanish onions and mustard. My mum ordered the eggs benedict with smoked salmon and my dad had the blackboard special 'Salmon & Salad'.

Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon - $15.90

Salmon & Salad special - $21.90
Pastrami Turkish - $13.90

Chai Latte

Cappucino

I think the meals were a bit overprice, considering the quality and size..... my pastrami turkish sandwich was quite small for $13.90! I think for that size, I would only be happy to pay $7.90 for it...... there was only one thin layer/slice of pastrami!

The eggs benedict was quite standard....... Euphoria Espresso Cafe definitely does a better eggs benedict for a cheaper price!

The most disappointing dish was the salmon & salad.....I didn't try the salmon, but I tried a bit of the salad. There was no dressing, the potatoes were cold, the beans were still hard although they have supposedly been boiled. And I think there was definitely something wrong with the salad, because my dad felt unwell afterwards!

Looks like I wouldn't be coming back to Connors....... unless I have an Entertainment book voucher that is. And even if I went again, I would have to be very careful on what to order. There are much better cafes in Burleigh. For a good meal I would always go to The Pantry Cafe


Connors on Urbanspoon

Comments