Hugo Burger Lounge

I was recommended by my friend to try the burgers and smoothies at Hugo Burger Lounge. One sunny Sunday, I went to check it out with my brother. It was around 1pm and the little store was packed! There wasn't too much seating available, but we lined up to order anyway. When I got to the counter to order, the boss asked where we were sitting and I said we haven't got a table yet. He was really nice and asked us to wait. He quickly organised a table for the two of us when some other customers left.

While we were waiting for our food, I looked around at the tables beside us. The burgers were massive!! We were so hungry, looking at other people's food!

Finally the food arrived! I ordered some chips, a lamb and eggplant burger and my brother ordered a peri peri chicken burger. I also got a mango smoothie.


Hugo Chips - $5

Mango Smoothie - $6.50

Peri Peri Chicken Burger - $13.90

Lamb & Eggplant Burger - $11.90


Lots of filling in the burger
The 'Hugo chips' were very crunchy, not oily and sprinkled generously with paprika and chicken salt. Yummy! The mango smoothie was delicious! The tastiest smoothie I have ever had!  When the burgers arrived, they were HUGE! I was thinking, 'am I able to eat all this?'.  I cut my burger in half, as I wanted to swap half with my brother so we can try each others one.

My lamb burger was very very nice! The sauce and all the ingredients matched really well. The peri peri chicken burger has a nice sauce, but I think the chicken was a bit too dry. Maybe because they used chicken breast?

Other items on the menu included wraps, salads and pizza.

Free street parking is available nearby, but on weekends it can get very busy.

I will definitely come back for lunch again!


Hugo Burger Lounge on Urbanspoon

Comments