42fifteen

 42fifteen is a busy little cafe located on Davenport Street in Southport.

It is open for breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday (7am to 4pm) and only for breakfast on Saturdays (8am to 12pm). If you have a big group, it is best to make a booking in advance.

There are tables inside and outside the cafe, but it's not too big. When I visited 42fifteen for lunch, it was packed! We had made a booking, but was running a bit late, so we lost our table to walk-ins. Fortunately, the owner was very accommodating and put together some tables for us outside.

We browsed the menus and then ordered. There was quite a wait before our food arrived (because it was so busy).

Banana Smoothie - $6

Pork Belly Taco - $15

Steak Sandwich - $16.50
These were the only photos I managed to capture. I was on a long table with my colleagues and everyone was sitting too far away. Other items ordered were B.L.A.T. -$18.50 and 'Franks & Beans' (Housemade baked beans, golden potato hash, grilled chorizo ssausage, a fried egg and toast) - $14

I ordered the pork belly taco, which was absolutely delicious! I thought the serving was a bit on the small side. It was just enough for me (being a girl). But I think the portion would be too small for a guy or any big eaters.  The pork belly taco was very tasty, but a bit messy. There was constantly sauce and coleslaw dripping down.

42fifteen is definitely worth a try, but better get in early or make a booking!

42fifteen website

42fifteen on Urbanspoon

Comments