Little Truffle

 Little Truffle has been on my wish list to try for a very long time now! Everytime I drive past it, I say to myself, I have to try this place! I've heard so many good comments about this restaurant.  FINALLY, I got to experience the food and atmosphere of this fine establishment!



The decor was lovely and had a very good atmosphere. There were 2 distinctly different dining areas. The upper level was dim and chic while the lower level was well lit and classy. I personally preferred the upper level dining room as it had a better vibe to it, being dimmer. BUT the low lighting didn't really help with taking photos of the food! I guess you can't have the best of both worlds!

I went on a Friday night with a girl friend. At first we were thinking of using the Entertainment book discount, but then decided to order the 3 course set menu (which we can't use the Entertainment gold card).  For $60, we were able to choose an entree, main and dessert from their set menu (there were 3-4 choices of each course to choose from).  We both got the same entree and dessert.

I was impressed with the portion of the meals! Very generous portions and very well presented as well! By the time I had finished the entree, I was already satisfied! It was very tasty indeed!  For mains, I ordered the beef cheeks, which was melt in your mouth tender and had so much flavour! The size of the main was huge! I almost couldn't finish it, but soldiered on, because it was so tasty!

My friend let me try one of her tortelinni. The sauce was light and creamy, the tortelini was huge, between the size of a golf ball and tennis ball. You can also order the tortelinni as an entree, where you are served 2. Main size has 4 tortellini.

When the dessert arrived at the table, we 'ooh'd and ahh'd' at how pretty it was!  Even the couple sitting at the table next to us looked approvingly at our lovely desserts!


Wines to compliment our meals

Braised pork belly, seared scallops, leek, creamed potato, pea & mint puree, red wine reduction

Moreton bay bug and prawn tortellini,
sweet mustard fruit beurre blanc

Braised beef cheeks, cauliflower & truffle puree, bacon, horseradish gremolata, jus

Vanilla bean panna cotta, raspberry and rose jelly, rose granita
I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience at Little Truffle and would definitely go back to try other menu items. Their menu is seasonal, so changes every month. Little Truffle is the perfect location for dates, celebrating anniversaries, birthdays etc.

Little Truffle Website


Little Truffle Dining Room & Bar on Urbanspoon

Comments