Tastilicious



About a month ago there was a Scoopon deal for $14 (lunch for two people including drinks). When I saw this great deal I bought it straight away!

The deal included any noodle (except duck and seafood) or any curry rice, plus a can of soft drink each. I thought, 'Wow, what a bargain!'

After I bought the Scoopon, I went online to do some research on the restaurant (I was able to find some information on Urbanspoon and they also had their own website).

Located in Circle on Cavill, Surfers Paradise, Tastilicious is a fairl new dine in/take away joint selling noodle soups and rice dishes predominantly served with HK style BBQ meats like BBQ pork, roast duck and soya chicken just to name a few.

When I arrived to use my Scoopon on a Saturday lunch time, I immediately recognised the owner as the previous owner of 'Noodles of Renaissance'. Due to all the road works and construction of the GLink Tram through Surfers Paradise Boulevard, business has been pretty bad for many of the shops along the glitter strip. I think maybe that's one reason why 'Noodles of Renaissance' decided to pack up and move to Circle on Cavill!

We looked at the menu and it was pretty much the same as before. So I ordered a curry beef noodle soup and S ordered the steamed chicken noodle soup.

Curry Beef Noodle Soup

Steamed Chicken Noodle Soup
The food arrived and looked like generous portions! Normal menu price is $10 for each.

The curry beef noodle soup was tasty! Full of flavour and the beef was very tender. The egg noodles weren't too soft or chewy.

The steamed chicken noodle soup was skinless chicken breast (which I guess is how most westerners like it). But for most asians, I think would prefer chicken thigh with skin on.

You can help yourself to chilli sauce/chilli oil, chopsticks, cutlery and serviettes, which are all placed on a small trolley in the middle of the seating area.

It's outdoor seating in Circle on Cavill, with a view of the big TV screen. Although it's undercover, it does get quite windy and cold there.

The owner was very friendly and even asked us how our meal was after we finished!

Tastilicious is a great spot for a casual and quick lunch for office workers closeby or travellers.

http://www.tastilicious.com.au/index.html

Tastilicious on Urbanspoon

Comments